Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I have my work cut out for me...

I am the least Machiavellian person I know...

I quit my job of three and a half years. Last Wednesday, I had the 1,001 meltdown stemming from total frustration and my lack of being able to get anywhere with my ideas... At this point, I feel it's important to clarify one really weird thing about myself, I've discovered that I ~like~ to work. I like creating Marketing Strategies, I like writing copy, I like planning ahead, I actually like rhetoric (well, I like recognizing it and/or creating it)... Regardless, I like my line of work!!!

Now, while I like being paid for my worth, I also like EARNING it. So it was always shocking to me that I never seemed to get anywhere. I don't want to be the boss. Bosses don't get to do the work. All I want to do is discover if the notions I have about my intended audiences are right. I want to know what makes someone click on a link, open a piece of mail or respond to one offer over another. I want to take a project that has a low response rate and see if my changes affect it...

Anyway, I finally had the last meltdown over my work. I did not go in on Thursday. Instead, I arranged an interview, got another job with more responsibility and more money (I'm not a masochist either). On Friday, I ended my love/hate relationship with the job that brought me here in the first place and I started fresh this Monday.

Everyone around me seemed impressed enough... They couldn't believe how fast I moved. But all I could think of is why did I put up with the bull for as long as I did? The answer: because I simply could not believe that my turn would not come. I "paid my dues" I polished alllll those turds and I did it with a smile! I shared my ideas. I wrote proposal after proposal. How could they not love me?!?!

Last week, I would have felt sorry for myself. Today, I just feel stupid. I mean, what kind of a Marketer am I?

Now... I'm in a position where I have the opportunity to do everything I've ever wanted to do work-wise... except it was all due last week. ;D

Hahahaha! I seriously need to be very careful what I wish for! =)

At the same time, I don't think I have ever felt so damn determined in my whole life! I will grab this damn job by the flippin' balls and make it understand so help me!!!!

Feh... I'm going nowhere with this blog. I just had to get that out of me and into the aether so I can concentrate or something.

0 comments: