Friday, May 2, 2008

Things...

186525455
THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT I LIKE NOW:


  • Classical and Jazz music
  • Mushrooms
  • SLEEPING! I distinctly remember a time when I ~hated~ to go to bed... can't even fathom that now.
  • Constructive criticism - Not only did I finally learn how to not take it personally, I've learned that true constructive criticism is never personal. So basically, I've learned the difference between a leaders/peers and asshats!
  • Being alone
  • Watching the news or reading the paper
  • Books w/no pictures hee hee! ;)
  • Foreign films or anything w/subtitles

THINGS I LIKED WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT I FREAKING LOVE NOW:

  • Reading
  • Quiet contemplation
  • Newport RI.
  • Non-conformity.
  • Really weird toys (ie: Happy Fun Robot!!! I actally own this! lol!)
  • Camping
  • Smaller venue concerts
  • Writing - Which is a good thing considering my profession.

THINGS I LIKED WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT I DON'T LIKE NOW:

  • Talking on the phone (except if it's business related)
  • Candy (except when I'm PMS'ed) =)
  • Soap Operas... Bleeech! .
  • Mosh pits (I went from "Oi! Oi!" to, "Owie! Ow!!")
  • Hard core punk rock... but I will ~always~ love the old school stuff!!!
  • Talk shows - Meh... That's about all the energy I can muster on this topic.
  • The Sunday "Funnies" ... they mostly suck now
  • Picking up bugs. Never bothered me before... bothers me now
  • Christmas ... well, the commercial crap. I still like to give gifts and gather w/friends and family
  • Organized religion (that's not really new though... but there was a time, over 22 years ago, when I bought it all hook, line & sinker)
  • Great big Concerts - Let's face it. Some people are just waaaaay to fucked up at these things. Ex: The younglings who party too hard beforehand and pass out before the gates even open. I tell ya what buddy, why don't you just give me the $$ you would waste on that Dave Matthews ticket and I'll kiss you upside the head with a bat and tell you what an awesome show you missed... same thing, eh?

...That's two.

0 comments: